Last Updated on August 29, 2023 by ILGM Ninjas
I continuously seek ways to help people understand the Biological method. Doing so, I would like to break this down a little bit more, so listen up!
Unlike a Synthetic fertility program that only provides inorganic nutrients, Our Regenerative Biological Fertility Program seeks to do three things:
- Repair the damage caused by synthetic fertilizers
- Supply All of the nutrients needed by the grass, not just those provided by synthetics.
- Introduce Biology which is the basis of our entire program.
Read on because it gets more interesting…
There are 5 elements that control and influence a living plant. Two of them cannot be controlled, two can be changed and one is a constant. They are:
- The Sun-Plants need light and heat in order to live
- The Atmosphere- Plants need elements that are floating around in the air to live as well.
- The Soil- Plants need the elements in the soil and the microbiology to amplify it to them
- Water- Water is the lifeblood of the plant. Without water there is no movement of nutrients, growing or healing.
- Nutrients- There are 21 elements that a grass needs in order to be healthy. The soil does not have all of them requiring supplementation.
The aim of any fertilization program is an attempt to get resources into the plant so it can use them to grow and heal. If the nutrients cannot get into the plant progress cannot occur.
There are a few things that prevent these resources form getting to the root. They are:
- Thick Thatch ( the dead root growth of the grass. thatch is NOT grass blades) This is a sign of a dead soil and the thatch is like having a mattress on the top of your lawn, no bueno!
- Compaction- This again is the sign of a dead soil. Healthy lawns with beneficial fungal populations will aerate themselves!
- Slope- Even if you have a healthy soil a steep grade will use gravity against you. Try cycling your water zones to avoid runoff
- Shallow watering-One of the biggest self inflicted gunshot wounds I run into, WATER DEEP!!!
The first goal of our program is to remove or mitigate the things that are preventing resources from getting to the root so that they can get into the plant.
The second goal of our program is to increase soil porosity (aeration), increase water carrying capacity (of the soil) and fuel the microbiology (microbes) all of which are accomplished with carbon.
The third goal of our program is to properly hydrate the soil so that everything works properly.
The fourth goal of our program is to supply the lawn with a FULL spectrum of macro and micro elements (there are 21 in all ranging from N, P, K to Mg, Cu and Se) This gives the plant every nutrient that it needs to conduct all of its biological functions.
The fifth goal of our program is to introduce beneficial microbes (bacteria & fungal) which protect the plant (immunity), naturally aerate the soil, cycle elements from the soil as well as the air (natural delivery mechanisms) that multiply and amplify resources that can possibly get into the plant. The microbes do naturally what synthetic fertilizers do without damaging the soil that are the direct cause of compaction, increased thatch, higher water usage, increased weed and disease pressure.
Th essence of what we are creating is an ecosystem in the soil that develops a relationship between the root and the soil via the microbes. This is the end goal and what constitutes a healthy lawn. Healthy lawns use less resources, have less weeds and disease and green up earlier and stay greener longer.
DO YOU WANT THIS FOR YOUR LAWN?